I don't consider myself an expert, by any means, on reselling things on Craigslist but I have definitely sold my share. I like to try and do the whole "one thing in, one thing out" rule. It's also a great way to make a little money to put towards re-decorating which is exactly what I'm doing. I sold this ugly oversized, overstuffed chair today which I wish I could claim was my husbands before we got married, but it wasn't. What was I thinking!? This led me to put together a post of hints I have learned along the way to sell successfully on Craigslist.
- Take Good Pics
- As a buyer, I don't even look at posts without pictures. I have found it is very important to include a good picture of exactly what you are selling.
- Include Measurements
- If you're selling furniture make sure to include height, depth and width.
- Price Right
- Do your research and see what similar items are listed for.
- Be Safe!
- Schedule viewings and pickups when someone else is home with you.
- Clean it Up
- Whether its dusting a coffee table or vacuuming a sofa, clean it. It may make you a little more money.
- Beware of Spammers
- I have learned that some people will respond to your ad only to get your email address when you respond back so that they can then spam you. Usually these people will be very vague in their correspondence or may even be asking about the wrong listing. Also, of course don't respond to people asking if they can pay with money order.
Sorry for the wordy post but I hope this helps! Feel free to leave more suggestions if you have them.