Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bye Bye Borders

Today while I was waiting for my puppy to get her first haircut, I wandered into the Borders Bookstore next door.  As you most probably know, they have declared bankruptcy and are closing many of their stores including this one.  I know I just did a post on the iPad but I will be the first to admit that I would rather have paper in my hand than reading a book on a screen.  It saddens me to see these bookstores going out of business.  But alas, I've had my eye on a couple decor books and I hoped to score a good deal!  I walked out a happy shopper with Metropolitan Home's Design 100 The Last Word on Modern Interiors.  This is a collection of 100 images that the magazine has deemed the best of design and architecture.  Being the dork I am, I flipped through the entire book in roughly 10 minutes.  One layout that caught my interest immediately was a home decorated by William Diamond and Anthony Baratta.  They are a design duo from NYC that incorporate designs ranging from modern to traditional with pops of color.  These images are from their website Diamond Baratta Design and are definitely drool worthy!  Hope you enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. I cant believe it about Borders either...really sad :( Beautiful photos though !

    xxLily
    goldandgray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard this, so sad. I have a nook color e-reader, but honestly I am like you I prefer the paper in my hand. Beautiful images, I love that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sad news about Borders, there was one by where I live and it closed about a year ago and I really do miss popping in there.
    I always find you cant help but come out with something, looks like you got a bargain too!
    I love the kitchen!

    Abigail x
    www.abigailsplace8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete